My name is Anita Amini and I’m a Software Engineer in London. I love learning, climbing and deep conversations.
My favourite thing is to learn, in order to live life intentionally. My second favourite thing is to distill that information and share my experience with others; hence this blog 😀.
The Curious Bunch
I organise a monthly meetup for the kind and curious, you can sign up to hear about future events here.
I was born in Iran 🇮🇷, we later moved to London when I was 10
I studied Pharmaceutical Science at university, but I changed careers in 2015 by learning to code at Founders & Coders – the most life altering decision of my life!
- The best places I’ve visited:
- Torres del Paine (Patagonia) in Chile 🇨🇱
- Hakone in Japan 🇯🇵
- Los Roques in Venezuela 🇻🇪
- Bryce Canyon and Zion Park in USA 🇺🇸
- Weligama and Mirissa in Sri Lanka 🇱🇰
- Superpower – picking up new skills and habits fast:
- Secured my first coding job 7 months after I started learning to code
- Broke into the blockchain space by learning about it in my spare time
- Went from not reading at all until the age of 21, to becoming a book worm
👩💻 Career Management:
- Figuring Out What to Do With Your Life
- How to Thrive in the Age of Change
- Barking up the Wrong Tree (book summary on the science of success)
💪 Personal Development:
👩🎤Summaries of Online Courses:
- Wait But Why: The Story of Us – Summary of Part 1
- 2019’s Best Podcast Episodes For the Curiously Minded
- Podcasts that Make a Lasting Impact
If you are interested in learning together with me, I have a newsletter called Distilled where I share my learnings.