Podcasts that Make a Lasting Impact
Podcasts are like having a thousand different mentors available to you at your convenience. It is one of the things that makes me incredibly excited to be alive right now. I’ve made a list of some of the best episodes of my favourite podcasts.
This is a life changing podcast, as bold of a statement as that may sound. Tim finds the most inspiring individuals to explore all things life related, by asking them them well thought out questions. I can’t begin to describe how much impact it has had on my thinking.
- Michael Pollan — Exploring The New Science of Psychedelics (#313)
- Nick Kokonas — How to Apply World-Class Creativity to Business, Art, and Life (#341)
- Ann Miura-Ko — The Path from Shyness to World-Class Debater and Investor (#331)
- Seth Godin on How to Say “No,” Market Like a Professional, and Win at Life (#343)
- Naval Ravikant on Happiness Hacks and the 5 Chimps Theory
- The Person I Call Most for Startup Advice
- Kevin Kelly, Co-Founder of WIRED, Polymath, Most Interesting Man In The World?
Sam Harris is one of the most eloquent speakers out there, he has an ability to lay out his points like no other. He invites guests from various domains, some of whom he agrees with, and some he disagrees with. If you like his podcasts you may also like his books.
- #95 - What You Need To Know About Climate Change
- #116 - AI: Racing Toward The Brink
- #71 - What Is Technology Doing to Us?
This is a very well put together podcast covering a wide range of topics such as technology, anthropology, evolution, physics and so much more. Also it has the best intro music 🎶.
- Episode 34: David Reich | Ancient DNA
- Episode 22: David Eagleman | Creating the 6th, 7th & 8th Human Sense?
- Episode 26: Don Hoffman | Reality Isn’t
This is a very fun and insightful podcast, especially when you consider how young the host is compared to the rest on this list. It covers marketing, technology, cities, communities and a lot more.
- Keith Rabois: Accumulating Advantages
- Daniel Gross: Dreams And Determination
- Kevin Kwok: How Systems Work
- Tyler Cowen: Two Blundering Fools
This is real life sci-fi. A hopeful reminder of what we are capable of as a race.
All things health-related. Be prepared to hear some biochemistry jargon, but the episodes are videoed and Rhonda helpfully provides definitions on the screen as they are being mentioned.
- Valter Longo, Ph.D. on the Fasting-Mimicking Diet & Fasting for Longevity, Cancer & Multiple Sclerosis
- How The Gut Microbiota Affects Our Health with Dr. Erica & Dr. Justin Sonnenburg
Another health-related podcast focused on living better and longer. It is a new one so I haven’t listened to too many episodes but the following episodes are a nice way to get to know the hosts mentioned earlier.
- Sam Harris, Ph.D.: The transformative power of mindfulness (EP.34)
- Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.: the performance and longevity paradox of IGF-1, ketogenic diets and genetics, the health benefits of sauna, NAD+, and more (EP.02)
- Tim Ferriss: depression, psychedelics, and emotional resilience (EP.01)
Jeff Meyerson is a machine. He publishes an episode everyday 😱. These are very insightful, mostly programming episodes that delve deep into a given topic. The episodes range from machine learning to dev-ops, blockchain and more.
- Reality with Donald Hoffman (Not a programming episode per se but a mindbending one nevertheless, Donald Hoffman also appears on After On)
Tweet me your favourite podcast episodes, I love discovering new podcasts.